Thursday 20 February 2020

Test Your Defenses

You should definitely never willingly download a virus...

...unless you're running a Virtualbox and you want to see what happens when you let a virus go wild. That's exactly what I did when I unleashed a dangerous virus (that had actually ravaged my PC a few months before, in an uncontrolled environment!) inside a Virtualbox running Windows 7. It appeared to have little effect on the filesystem and registry, but when placed into a Windows 8 environment it caused enormous destruction. The system slowed down to being totally unusable, with no working internet, no antivirus and no firewall. All of this came from a simple download disguised as something useful.

If you're interested in running this virus in your own Virtual environment, send me a message. For safety reasons I won't be able to provide the download through Blogger or any other Social media linked website.


No comments:

Post a Comment