Thursday 20 February 2020

It's 2020, and here's a Pokemon post

This is my first post on Virus Unknown in 8 years. I've rediscovered this blog after trying to register for a new one, so I might as well use this one. This post will be related to the emulator DeSmuME.




I've been having trouble getting a save from an SD card to load on DeSmuME. It had worked before, and I've done it loads of times. You just make sure it's saved, and then export the save as Backup Memory. You can import it from the SD card if you've been using it on an R4 Cart in exactly the same way. For some reason, one of my save files would not load at all and the screen would stay white even after rebooting the emulator.

Here's the solution; TAKE OFF THE CHEATS. Not just disable them, but untick them in the cheats list. This is what is stopping the save from being loaded.

I hope this helps anyone else who's been stuck with this problem, wondering if their save has been corrupted somehow. There's nothing wrong with using cheats but sometimes it messes up the basic function of a ROM.

No comments:

Post a Comment